Dirty foot-stompin’, hard hittin’ Blues/Rock outfit who play a high-energy and entertaining set based on groove riffs, wailing slide guitar, smoky vocals and driving beats. Crowd participation, ankle-busting stompouts, call-and-response, percussion jams, burlesque dancing, halftime breakdowns, sweaty participants, megaphone taunts and general in-your-face blues/rock action = something TDS.
One of the leaders in the new swamp blues/rock genre, set to take over indie cred some time soon.
Click here to see the band in action
Click here to hear the band’s tunes
- "Fans of Clutch through to Ash Grunwald need to sit up and take notice now. Deadly. 5 STARS." ZOO WEEKLY
- “Great guitar riffs with cool, clear lyrics. Bound to get the speakers rattling.” SYDNEY DAILY TELEGRAPH
- “This is new school blues that is exciting as it is electric and yet another shining example of the deep and creative roots scene Australia is privy to enjoy.” TIME OFF
- 3 of 4 latest track releases have been featured on Triple J Radio
- Winner of 2011 Qld Blues Awards - Song of the Year
- Received a Highly Commended at the QMusic awards for the track ‘Behind That Smile’.
- 2010 SONG OF THE YEAR - 4ZzZ Radio Brisbane. Took out #6 spot in 2011 and #19 spot in 2012.
- Finalist in the 2012 International Music Awards (Blues Song category)
- Top 40 Most Requested artist on Australian Community Radio in 2011 (AMRAP)
- #8 in Top 10 Albums of 2012 - Sounds of Oz
- #51 on Tomatrax Magazine's Hottest Tracks of 2011
- Byron Bay Bluesfest (2 performances)
- Australian Festival of Blues (3 performances)
- Blues on Broadbeach (2 performances)
- Queensland Festival of Blues
- Cool Summer Festival (2 performances)
- Caxton Street Seafood and Wine Festival
- Dead of Winter Festival (3 performances)
- Sunshine Coast Blues Festival
- Adventure Bay Blues and Roots Festival
- Agnes Water Blues and Roots Festival
- GrottoFest (2 performances)
- Village Arts Festival (2 performances) and more…
Ash Grunwald, The Fumes, The Beards, Elliot Brood (Canada), Dallas Frasca, Diana Anaid, Marshall and the Fro, The Snowdroppers and more. Have also toured with The Blackwater Fever, The Joe Kings, Claude Hay, Guthrie, King of the North, Gay Paris…
Cost and Material
TDS have 2 x 45min sets of original material. Please enquire as to cost as it’s dependent on the gig/event/location.
PA: Can be supplied
Posters: Can be supplied
Press Links (click for link)
Bio (mid 2013)
TDS Overview (Achievements)
Social Media Links (click for link)